Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celia
Helper I
Helper I

Dataverse tables are not exported -> imported into PROD environment

Hello,

When exporting my solution from development and importing it to my production environment I do not have my data from dataverse.

Anyone have a clue what I did wrong here?

5 REPLIES 5
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @Celia 

When ever you export Solution From One Environment to Another it will only move the Customizations related to that Entity, it wont move data. We need to move data Manually.

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA

Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Celia
Helper I
Helper I

@rampprakash Thanks! Can you direct me to a tutorial on how to do this?

@Celia there are several ways to do this, but the most common would be to use either:

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Configuration Migration Tool is good but one issue to be aware of is that you cannot filter records in an individual table out - this means that you need a 'clean' source before you export the data

Some additional options

• out-of-the-box Data Import (XML 2003, Excel, CSV).  You can export out using export to Excel (from List view and Advanced Find), if you need the GUIDs the same between environments you can 'massage; the exported data and when you import map the guid column to the Primary Key field
  • DataFlow 
  • Other 3rd Party such as the SSIS Integration Toolkit from Kingswaysoft

Good points, @Fubar !

I especially like the suggestion of Dataflow: that is probably the direction we should all be heading.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (4,476)