Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gelos
Helper V
Helper V

Datavese cds table

Hi,

I have CDS table primary column name auto number. I have 11 records but it is not sequential I don not know why. How to show sequential in CDS table. It shows

this order I want this sequential.

@Mike8 @WarrenBelz @RandyHayes @Pstork1 

@v-xiaochen-msft 

@timl 

@BCLS776 

@Nogueira1306 

@SteveUoR 

4 REPLIES 4
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gelos,

This is technically a Text column that the autonumber is applied to vs. a Whole Number column and that is why you are seeing the ordering this way.  

Couple things you could do here...

1.  You could start your sequence for the AutoNumber as something like 100000 and then it will add up from there.  This is probably the easiest to get around the situation.

2.  You could create another column in the table that is a Whole Number and then utilize a Flow to set the numeric equivalent from the autonumber on the name field to that column after creation and use this column to order results in views.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks for your replay, If I am creating column type whole number. It will be sequential. Am I Correct.

@dpoggemann 

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @Gelos ,

Yes, the Number column would be ordered in the natural order of a Whole Number which is sequential.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
rampprakash
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello @Gelos,

A simple example will be you can try the same in Excel with Text and Whole number the same behaviour will exists in DV tabl too.

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA

Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,219)