cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sb_teal
Helper I
Helper I

Defaulting date portion of date time field so users only enter time - model driven app

I have a model driven app with two datetime fields - one for start time and one for end time.  I also have a calculated field that calculates the duration.

I want to default the date portion of the datetime field to today, and only have the users enter the time part of the datetime field.

Is it possible to do this in model driven apps?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@sb_teal, using PowerFX will certainly allow you to implement your use case. One thing to remember is Business rules can't be applied on already exist data records like calculated columns, rather they run when users are working on the forms. 

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

My Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @sb_teal, that wont be possible as an out-of-the-box feature. what you can do is to have two fields, one for D Date Only and one for Time. Or, you will have to use JavaScript to accomplish this.

Regards,

Ahmed

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider a 👍 & Accepting it as the Solution to help other members of the community find it more.

sb_teal
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @AhmedSalih thanks for  your response.  Does anyone know if the upcoming feature being released in 2022 Release wave 2 would be able to provide this capability?  Details attached - powerfx in business rules scheduled for public preview in September 

sb_teal_0-1658954964191.png

@sb_teal, using PowerFX will certainly allow you to implement your use case. One thing to remember is Business rules can't be applied on already exist data records like calculated columns, rather they run when users are working on the forms. 

Regards,

Ahmed

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,578)