cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SiegfriedVH

Delete an entity: There are dependencies on this entity that are preventing it from being deleted.

I try to delete an entity that I have made. (CDS) I always get this message : There are dependencies on this entity that are preventing it from being deleted.

I allready deleted the relationships, the entity is not used in any form or so.

Can somebody show me the magic solution?

5 REPLIES 5
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @SiegfriedVH 

Have you checked out the Show Dependencies feature for the Entity that you are trying to delete?  This will tell you what else is stopping the deletion.

show dependencies.png

-----

If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".

NHelgren
Power Apps
Power Apps

is it possible it's referenced in a workflow or a view?

Rabbanisyed
Helper V
Helper V

in the new powerapps  i won't see the show depencies..

Rabbanisyed_0-1624265470932.png

"Show Dependencies" will be in solutions. If your component is not in a solution, check in Default Solution. There you'll have the option "Show Dependencies"

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hi @SiegfriedVH,

Try deleting the Entity. If there is any Dependencies available, you will be pop up with CLICK HERE link.

Click on the Options, you can easily view the Dependencies like Workflow,Forms,views Etc

Please mark as Answer if it is helpful and provide Kudos

Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnGNN3hdlKBOr6PXotskNLA
Blog : https://microsoftcrmtechie.blogspot.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (3,338)