cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sofiane
Regular Visitor

Deleted dataverse column : internal name still exists in memory

Hi all,

We have a power apps application that is actually using a Dataverse table. One of the column of the table has the wrong data type (int) et i know that it's not possible to change the type  (to Decimal) on an existing column with records.

I tried to delete the existing column, and then create a new column with the same name, but Dataverse is keeping in memory the internal name of the old deleted column, so unfortunately, i can't....

Is there a solution to get ride of the deleted column internal name ? i want to keep the same link between this dataverse Table and the Powerapps application.

Thank you for your help 🙂 !

4 REPLIES 4
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Sofiane 

Can you please share what is the error you are getting when you try to delete this column,most probable the column is being referenced in other form/views so you need to remove the field reference first from form ,save and publish then try to delete.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
Sofiane
Regular Visitor

@Mira_Ghaly thank you for your reply !

To be more precise, I already succeeded in deleting the column from the table  (we can call it "column A").

But when I try to recreate a column with the same name "Column A", I get an error that tells me "this internal name already exists....."

@Sofiane 

Have you tried publishing the customisations before adding the new field?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Sofiane 

Can you also please provide screenshot of the issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,351)