cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RR_P
Frequent Visitor

Deploy Embedded Canvas App to other Environments

Hello, I am looking for instructions on how to deploy a canvas app into another environment.  The canvas app is embedded on a Dynamics 365 Service Activity form in our development environment:

embedded canvas app.png

The "Common Data Service - Current Environment"  is the data source for the app.

cds.png

I would like to deploy it as part of our managed solution to our test environments and eventually customer environments.  However, when I deploy our managed solution that includes the canvas app, we get this error message on the form where it's embedded:

error.png

Clicking "Request access" doesn't seem to do anything.  Also, the app was shared with all users of the test environment.   I assume I am missing a configuration step but I can't find any documentation that outlines the steps to deploy an embedded Dynamics 365 canvas apps to other environments.  

Can you please provide guidance one how we can get our canvas app that is included in our managed solution to work in other environments?

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10
Madhankumar
Frequent Visitor

Hi @RR_P 

I have created a canvas app and configured the same in account form's name field as attached screenshot.

But when am migrating the app to production environment, there the canvas Application ID is different. By then i have to go and manually edit the canvas Application ID in account form(please refer same screen shot).

Do we have any work around ? if so please share in detail 

Thanks in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (30,522)