cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janickfrei
Helper I
Helper I

Discussion: Combine Dataverse with Sharepoint lists / Document Libraries

has anyone experience with combining those two products to have both advantages?

The problem I often have in Canvas apps:

• I need to add a data-editor (gallery + editform + some buttons) for all my master data (Lets say it is a shop where you can order laptops; therefore you need a view to edit the laptops list)
  •  It is hard to manage deletion of master data which might result in orders with no reference to laptops table. The only way I see is deactivation of the rows, which is not very practical:

ex. Patch(tbl_client,Galery_Client.Selected,{Status:'Status (tbl_client)'.inactive})

• Sharepoint lists have some useful columns like "user"
  • If you use Sharepoint for your master data, no editor is needet. Just add a Link to the Sharepoint list, and the user can edit his data in a familiar way

I Have created one Powerapp which uses the mentioned combination in different ways. I used both:

"Full-By-Reference method", where I only store the ID of the list entry in dataverse and also

"Copy-Value-Method", where Sharepoint is just used to fill a gallery or a dropdown. If Selected, the value will be copied to Dataverse, which makes it independent from changes on the sharepoint side (ex. used for Prices in the laptop-example above).

has anyone had the same idea? what do you think about it?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (2,609)