cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discussion: Combine Dataverse with Sharepoint lists / Document Libraries

has anyone experience with combining those two products to have both advantages?

The problem I often have in Canvas apps:

• I need to add a data-editor (gallery + editform + some buttons) for all my master data (Lets say it is a shop where you can order laptops; therefore you need a view to edit the laptops list)
  •  It is hard to manage deletion of master data which might result in orders with no reference to laptops table. The only way I see is deactivation of the rows, which is not very practical:

ex. Patch(tbl_client,Galery_Client.Selected,{Status:'Status (tbl_client)'.inactive})

• Sharepoint lists have some useful columns like "user"
  • If you use Sharepoint for your master data, no editor is needet. Just add a Link to the Sharepoint list, and the user can edit his data in a familiar way

I Have created one Powerapp which uses the mentioned combination in different ways. I used both:

"Full-By-Reference method", where I only store the ID of the list entry in dataverse and also

"Copy-Value-Method", where Sharepoint is just used to fill a gallery or a dropdown. If Selected, the value will be copied to Dataverse, which makes it independent from changes on the sharepoint side (ex. used for Prices in the laptop-example above).

has anyone had the same idea? what do you think about it?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,683)