Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajeey3
Helper I
Helper I

Display different Screens based on User - Dataverse for Teams

Hi PowerApps Community,

I am currently working with a SharePoint list and using SharePoint groups to handle which screen is displayed to the user. 

e.g. I have a SharePoint group called HR and in the App OnStart property I check that the user is in that group or not:
Set(IsUserSPHRGroup, !IsBlank(LookUp(Groups, Title = "SalaryReview-HR")));

this returns true/false depending on whether the user is in that security group or not. If true, the HR screen is displayed.

We are currently migrating this project across to work with Dataverse for Teams and I was wondering what would be the equivalent to this or how this would be acheivable?

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajeey3, this can be achieve quite easily in Dataverse for Teams. Each SharePoint list would be a table. User management is built-in Dataverse for Teams with access roles. In the app on startup, you can have an expression like this:

Set(IsUserSPHRGroup, Office365Users.UserProfileV2(User().Email).Department = "HR")

To configure your app, you can do within the Power Apps Studio: https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/teams/understand-power-apps-studio 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rajeey3, this can be achieve quite easily in Dataverse for Teams. Each SharePoint list would be a table. User management is built-in Dataverse for Teams with access roles. In the app on startup, you can have an expression like this:

Set(IsUserSPHRGroup, Office365Users.UserProfileV2(User().Email).Department = "HR")

To configure your app, you can do within the Power Apps Studio: https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/teams/understand-power-apps-studio 

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,609)