cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crhambrick
Regular Visitor

Document Dataflow "logic"

Is there a way in the Dataflow to document the creator's thought process ("logic") in doing what they did with the query/dataflow?

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

@crhambrick, I am not sure what do you mean by the logic, but you can get the full query from the Power Query of the Dataflows: (Note: All the Data Transformation you do in the Power Query will be included)

AhmedSalih_0-1656723418937.png

AhmedSalih_1-1656723450694.png

AhmedSalih_2-1656723489168.png

AhmedSalih_3-1656723541371.png

Regards,
Ahmed
If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider Accept it as the Solution to help other members in the community find it more.

crhambrick
Regular Visitor

What I mean is a way to document anything I create in the Dataflow...just like you would a SQL query or any other programming.  (i.e. here's why I did this, here's why I put it in this order, etc.).

By the way the Advanced Editor doesn't show EVERYTHING.  I'm disappointed that it doesn't show the connection string.  This would make it easier to move between environments so you don't have to go through the connection wizard again and choose some table just to get the next step and delete that table just to get it ready for the new environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (4,246)