cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edwin_VH
Frequent Visitor

Downloading attachments from Dataverse to local computer

Hello,

I have created a Power Apps portal that allows external users to submit requests and attach files to a request. The attachments are stored in the dataverse as notes. 

How can I (automatically) download the uploaded attachments to the local computer for usage within another on-premise application? 

Kind regards,

Edwin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Fianlly I figured out that using Power Automate together with the on-premise data access gateway(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem ) it's quite easy to set up a power automate flow that extracts annotations from the dataverse to a on-premise SQL server table. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Prakash4691
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@Edwin_VH 

Make sure attachment has been enabled in metadata level of an entity.

And also timeline needs to be added as section in form, enable only for notes to display.

If all configuration in place, go to submit request entity and navigate to data section. Select the record created from portal go to notes section where you can find notes with attachment which added from portal. Click on attachment hyperlink to download.

Added reference link below on how to include timeline control,

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-service/customer-service-hub-user-guide-timeli...

I hope it answers your question. If so, kindly give kudo and accept as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

Edwin_VH
Frequent Visitor

Adding attachements via timeline/notes is not the problem. My question is how to download them, preferable all uploaded attachments so far at once.

I did see that it is also possible to acces data in the dataverse via REST webservice calls. However, from the documentation it is not clear to me if it is also possible to get attached files in a annotation via webservice call. 

Can anyone tell me if and how this is possible? 

Thanks! 

@Edwin_VH 

Where do you want to access the entity, Is it inside dataverse or any other client application?

Regards,

Prakash

I need to access it from a on-premise client application.

Hi,

Fianlly I figured out that using Power Automate together with the on-premise data access gateway(https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-gateway-onprem ) it's quite easy to set up a power automate flow that extracts annotations from the dataverse to a on-premise SQL server table. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,923)