cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enterpreysz
Regular Visitor

Dual-write sync approach

Hi,

I have managed to setup Dual-write between Dyn365FO and Dyn365Sales successfully. Mapped and synched [Legal Entities] and [CustomersV3] in Dyn365FO to [Company] and [Accounts] in Dyn365Sales.

For accounts already existing in Dyn365Sales I now have duplicate entries. The accounts coming from Dyn365FO are populated with Legal Entity values from Dyn365FO, while the value for the existing Dyn365Sales accounts are blank. 

Is there a way to update the account field, msdyn_Company, on the Account entity in Dyn365Sales for existing accounts, before I do the the initial synchronization, in order to avoid duplicates.

I look forward to hearing from you 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Because you're explicitly mapping the users in the workflow, as you say you'll have to manually maintain it: unpublish and republish each time there's a change of resources. You might actually miss an update if there's a change during the workflow is unpublished. I would suggest adding a custom column/field "Sales Group" on the User table, or create a custom configuration table/entity to map sales groups to users. Then with Power Automate and the Dataverse connector, have a cloud flow to fetch the right user based on the sales group and assign the account the right user. You can have the same same triggers as in the workflow and can assign with the "Update a row" action.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @enterpreysz,

Can you elaborate a little by what you mean to update the account before importing? Ideally what would you like to do? You can easily fire custom logic on create or update with Power Automate, classic workflows and plugins.

Cheers 

Hi Eric,

Thank you for replying. I appreciate that!

Yesterday, I found a solution to my issue.

I synchronized the legal entities from Dyn365FO to Dyn365Sales and updated [msdyn_company] for all existing accounts through a traditional workflow before I made the actual Account synchronization. This way Dual-Write were able to match and update existing Dyn365Sales accounts using Account Number and the Legal Entity id as key, instead of creating new account records 😊

I still struggle with another issue though. I can’t figure out the best way to carry over the account owner (CommissionSalesGroupID) in Customers V3 to the account entity in Dyn365Sales. For the time being, I have made a custom field on the account entity called [fh_salesgroup] and mapped CommissionSalesGroupID to that field, and then used a workflow to assign the accounts to the right owner in the customer engagement system. But that workflow needs to be maintained when sales consultants join and leave the company.

Is there a smarter way to carry over the account ownership in Dyn365FO to Dyn365Sales?

Because you're explicitly mapping the users in the workflow, as you say you'll have to manually maintain it: unpublish and republish each time there's a change of resources. You might actually miss an update if there's a change during the workflow is unpublished. I would suggest adding a custom column/field "Sales Group" on the User table, or create a custom configuration table/entity to map sales groups to users. Then with Power Automate and the Dataverse connector, have a cloud flow to fetch the right user based on the sales group and assign the account the right user. You can have the same same triggers as in the workflow and can assign with the "Update a row" action.

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

Thank you for your input!

Actually, we already have a custom field on the User table containing the Sales Group number from AX. It's being used in connection with our old sync setup with AX2009.

I have found the flow components you mention in Power Apps and started building a flow, but in which order to align the actions and how to fetch the right user based on the sales group, I am not sure.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,020)