cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KyleNolteLoD

Dynamics 365 - 2022 Rev2 Preview Feature - PowerFX Formular fields - How to use min() and max() with related entites

Good day,

We have recently updated to the new Dynamics 365 2022 revision 2 update. We are trying to get to grips with the new PowerFX formula fields via make.preview.Power Apps.com.

In doing so, we have been able to work wonderfully with the values within the entity and are excited, however, we cannot find a solution to access more relative records.

What we would like to do:

MIN(Related table - date field).

How can we use these functions? Only within our own table a min() or max() function is relatively questionable.

Kind regards

Kyle Nolte

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KyleNolteLoD ,

Those analytic type functions are not available in the preview at this time.  From what I understand this is in their roadmap to cover functions like this and others like SUM, COUNT, etc. and hopefully replace the need for rollup fields but this is not yet available.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KyleNolteLoD ,

Those analytic type functions are not available in the preview at this time.  From what I understand this is in their roadmap to cover functions like this and others like SUM, COUNT, etc. and hopefully replace the need for rollup fields but this is not yet available.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
KyleNolteLoD

Hello @dpoggemann,

thank you for your answer.

Very sad that this function is not yet available. The possibility to replace rollup fields with PowerFX formula fields is highly awaited.

Regards,

Kyle

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @KyleNolteLoD ,

Agreed!  I did a presentation at my user group a couple months ago on this and very excited for where they are going with this, can't wait until they add this functionality, it will be a game changer...

Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (1,905)