cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper V
Helper V

Enable outgoing mailbox for D365

Hi,

Created a mailbox which would operate like an outgoing(e.g. no-reply@abc.com) , this email is a part of Office365 but doesnt have PowerApps license. I added this email to the New forward mailbox setup; but i cannot find it under users entity(lookup view) when configuring a Process workflow.

Teresa24486_0-1610958499628.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Advocate II
Advocate II

I think the forward email box is merly for getting email into CRM, not sending mails. 

What we normaly do is creating a queue and set the email address on there. You should be able to set this queue as sender of the email. 

View solution in original post

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

An email address in Exchange is not a user in dynamics 365/CRM.  Configure a Queue in Dynamics 365 and set its email address to what you need, then approve the queue and mailbox (if its a no-reply, on the mailbox settings in CRM set the Incoming to none before Approving) - you can then use the Queue as the Send From of emails.

2 REPLIES 2
Advocate II
Advocate II

I think the forward email box is merly for getting email into CRM, not sending mails. 

What we normaly do is creating a queue and set the email address on there. You should be able to set this queue as sender of the email. 

Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

An email address in Exchange is not a user in dynamics 365/CRM.  Configure a Queue in Dynamics 365 and set its email address to what you need, then approve the queue and mailbox (if its a no-reply, on the mailbox settings in CRM set the Incoming to none before Approving) - you can then use the Queue as the Send From of emails.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (77,332)