cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Entity Catalog Refresh

Took me a while, but I was finally able to create a Virtual Connector to my Azure SQL Instance using the Virtual Connector Data Provider. Once created the Entity Catalog was created.

I have added new views and tables to my Azure SQL database, so my question is how do I refresh the Entity Catalog? Is there a refresh button (Not likely)? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Based on everything I have been able to find, a Refresh is not necessary.  The Entity Catalog is kept up to date with a component created when the Entity Catalog is created.  That component is of Type "Add-In step".  The entry will look something like this:

Microsoft.Xrm.DataProvider.Connector.Plugins.ConnectorGenerateVEPlugin: Update of catalog entity: msdyn_ec_{name of catalog table}

The exact name may vary depending on what type of connector you are using, I am not sure. I am using the Virtual Connector Data Provider preview; your name may vary.

This component, along with the Entity Catalog can be found in the Default solution for the environment.

I hope this helps others.

Thank you.

Steven

Regards,

-S

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
sperry1625
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Based on everything I have been able to find, a Refresh is not necessary.  The Entity Catalog is kept up to date with a component created when the Entity Catalog is created.  That component is of Type "Add-In step".  The entry will look something like this:

Microsoft.Xrm.DataProvider.Connector.Plugins.ConnectorGenerateVEPlugin: Update of catalog entity: msdyn_ec_{name of catalog table}

The exact name may vary depending on what type of connector you are using, I am not sure. I am using the Virtual Connector Data Provider preview; your name may vary.

This component, along with the Entity Catalog can be found in the Default solution for the environment.

I hope this helps others.

Thank you.

Steven

Regards,

-S

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Users online (5,264)