cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sneha_valabailu
Regular Visitor

Environment connection - Dataflows configuration

Hi,

I am trying to build a dataflow that compares data from an excel sheet with the data in dataverse. The dataflow is then supposed to only import records that are not present in the database. This dataflow will be refreshed from power automate to achieve import from excel. However, when I choose the dataverse table, I am forced to select the environment(hardcode) instead of making it configurable somehow.

• Can dataflows be deployed from one environment to the other ?
  • How do we make the details of the dataflows such as environment address, one drive location etc., configurable ?

We have a requirement in our application to handle import from excel for more than 8k rows. The performance of Power automate to execute the same wasn’t good enough. We are hence evaluating the use of dataflows to handle the same. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

3 REPLIES 3
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @sneha_valabailu ,

This request is a posted idea already, you may want to add your vote. (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Use-Environment-Variables-in-Dataflows/idi-p/11...).

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Thank you @dpoggemann ! Can you also help me confirm if it is possible to easily move dataflows from one environment to another ?

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @sneha_valabailu ,

Dataflows can be added to solutions but not sure on the ALM migration between environments at this time.  Please see the following: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/ALM-for-PowerApps-DataFlows/idi-p/437629 

unless this has been resolved and not updated in the Ideas listing.   Maybe someone else will have more information for you on this one.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (1,966)