Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HFG
Advocate III
Advocate III

Error when importing solution - EntityId is null

Hi all, 

I'm trying to import a solution to our Test environment and I get the following message:

Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: AttributeId is null ---> Microsoft.Crm.CrmException: AttributeId is null

at Microsoft.Crm.Metadata.RelationshipConditionCreateAction.Validate()

Does any one know what this means and how to solve it? I also have the GUID of the entity, but don't know how to find out which entity it is referring to. 

In case it is relevant, in a previous import some columns had been removed in the DEV environment. They have now been readded in the DEV environment as we realised that they should be kept to avoid data loss. The columns have been readded with the same technical name and the relationships have been given the same names. 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HFG
Advocate III
Advocate III

It turns out the columns I mentioned had nothing to do with the problem. We imported the solution manually (before we were doing it through DevOps) and were able to get the logs which told us exactly which relationship/columns were causing the problems. There were LookUp columns and there was no obvious reason that they were blocking the deployment. After deleting the columns the import worked. We then readded them as before and the import worked. Strange! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@HFG 

Can you make sure that the same fields does not exist on the target environment , if they exist on the target environment please delete them and try to re-import the solution!

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here
HFG
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi Mira, 

Thanks for your reply. Can you tell me what this error message means?

There have been a lot of changes since the last time the solution was deployed so I'm really guessing that it could be linked to this but it could be anything really. If I understood the message a bit more I may be able to identify which change the problem is linked to. 

Thanks

HFG
Advocate III
Advocate III

It turns out the columns I mentioned had nothing to do with the problem. We imported the solution manually (before we were doing it through DevOps) and were able to get the logs which told us exactly which relationship/columns were causing the problems. There were LookUp columns and there was no obvious reason that they were blocking the deployment. After deleting the columns the import worked. We then readded them as before and the import worked. Strange! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (3,316)