cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when sharing app

Hi,

I am trying to share my power apps app with external users outside of the company. They got access to everything including the SharePoint lists needed and everything. However, when I go to share the app with them I am given this error: 

"The request failed with error: '{"error":{"code":"0x80060891","message":"A record with the specified key values does not exist in systemuser entity"}}'. The tracking Id is 'acfee132-18c8-44a1-a78a-084932ecbcab'."

I have googled it and it seems to do with dataverse but not sure what's wrong. The weird part is that the app still shares and they are added to the list. However, they can't see the app at all when they go onto power apps. This hasn't happened before so I am not sure where to start.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @JordanGlenfield ,

The systemuser entity is part of Dataverse.  Does this Power App utilize Dataverse?  If so, do you have the user in Dataverse and assigned a role?  I am guessing that this is the issue because the user does not exist.  

Thoughts for consideration:

1.  If you are using the Dataverse (and this is not Dataverse for Teams) then you would need to license the external user with a Power Apps Per App or Power Apps Per User license.  If you assign them a Power Apps Per User license then they will move to the systemsuser table but the Power Apps Per App license does not automatically push the user to the table, you would need to add them specifically or tie them to a security group that is related to the environment (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

2.  You must assign the user to roles in Dataverse (again this can be done at the team level with the security group level link above) but this must exist or the user will. not be able to access any of the appropriate Dataverse tables.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @JordanGlenfield ,

The systemuser entity is part of Dataverse.  Does this Power App utilize Dataverse?  If so, do you have the user in Dataverse and assigned a role?  I am guessing that this is the issue because the user does not exist.  

Thoughts for consideration:

1.  If you are using the Dataverse (and this is not Dataverse for Teams) then you would need to license the external user with a Power Apps Per App or Power Apps Per User license.  If you assign them a Power Apps Per User license then they will move to the systemsuser table but the Power Apps Per App license does not automatically push the user to the table, you would need to add them specifically or tie them to a security group that is related to the environment (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/control-user-access

2.  You must assign the user to roles in Dataverse (again this can be done at the team level with the security group level link above) but this must exist or the user will. not be able to access any of the appropriate Dataverse tables.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Turns out I wasn't given the correct permission in the environment so it wasn't letting me share the app correctly. Thanks for the help!

PhilB
Frequent Visitor

Hi I am most interesting to find out what permissions you were lacking in the environment. As I have exactly the same issue.

I am still digging and can not find out what is missing.

Likewise, I can see the app is shared if I look at the share list again after exiting the solution and returning or if look at the resourse through the power platform admin screen. I also find that sharing the app from within the PP admin area also produces the same error (and still allows the app to be used by the user).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,316)