cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accorti
Helper I
Helper I

Error with ODATA connector to create entity in CDS.

I am trying to create connections to MS Business Central (BC) using the web service URLs provided in BC. These are ODATA V4 end points and I am using the ODATA connector in CDS. When I use this method to create a new entity it errors out saying

Load to Common Data Service failed. Details: Bad Request {"error":{"code":"0x80040239","message":"DateTime is less than minumum value supported by CrmDateTime.  I believe this is occurring because some of the date records are null in BC. Despite the error, the entity is still created. 

The resulting entity consists of 2 columns in the data tab, my primary key (Job Number) and the date on which the entity was created (i.e. today). When I select the entity and look at the fields tab, all of the field names, data types and CDS type (custom or standard) are populated. The issue is when I look at the data tab which is where I am only seeing the two columns listed above. My ask is:

1) Can I correct the date error without having to backfill the dates in BC (aka. allow null values) 

2) Will that correct the issue with my fields not pulling in or is there something else going on here? 

See attached for a screenshot of my resulting data tab and fields tab for this entity. 

1 REPLY 1
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @accorti ,

Check if below blog could help:

https://msdynamicsworld.com/story/working-microsoft-dynamics-365-business-central-customizations-pow...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Users online (1,570)