cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dorinda
Super User
Super User

Expense Report, Line Items, Trip Details all in Dataverse. Not playing well together

I am still learning how to manipulate the dataverse world, but here is my issue.

I am using the Expense Report template that @RezaDorrani created.  I have the main Expense Report(table), Line Items (table) and Trip Attributes (table).

The line items are associated to the Expense Report and the Trip Attributes are associated to the Line Items.  A Parent/Child relationship.

In SharePoint I already have this working several ways no issues.

However, getting them to all talk to each other in dataverse is causing me grief.  The expense report and line item work just fine it is associating the trip attributes to the line items that is where the break down occurs.

Oh did i mention I also have a repeating table in the mix as the Trip attributes, I can create the new trip attributes in the table but cannot get them to display in gallery.  This is the code on the items property of the gallery.

Filter('Trip Attributes','Line Items'.'Line Items' = SelectedReport.'Line Items')

However, it is not displaying any of the repeating items that have been created in the table just a blank space.

On the create new row I have this code

Patch(
    'Trip Attributes',
    Defaults('Trip Attributes'),
    {
        Name: ""

}
);

I need to have the repeating line appear so I can enter the information in the fields included.

I also need to have the items in the gallery appear when you return to the gallery to view the information.

Like I said I have this working in a SharePoint based datasource.

How do i get this to work in dataverse land.

Appreciate any help.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,538)