Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

Export Dataverse 4 Teams Table INCLUDING data

Hey guys

Do any of you Dataverse 4 Teams Experts know whether I can export a table INCLUDING its data?

For example

I have an app with a Dataverse table that contains translation strings for my app. Whenever I export the app with all its dependencies, it would be great if all the translation strings (from the mentioned table) would come with it.

Thanks and kind regards,

Fabian

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @FabianAckeret,

One other option would be leveraging a flow that will execute on the update of a specific dataverse table that could be automated to a point, at least you could have a table in your DV4T app that when you write a record to it that it will run a flow to dump the information from your translation table to a specific file you specific (i.e. in SharePoint etc.).  This is still not "packaging" together when you export the application but could give you some automation and it would happen automatically vs. having to navigate anywhere to execute.

Thanks,

Drew 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @FabianAckeret.

Did you check into the configuration migration tool?  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/manage-configuration-data.

Another option I have seen used is the following:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/dataverse-odata-dataflows-migrati... where you setup a dataflow to migrate this information. 

Hope this helps in some way.  If answered your question please accept, if helped in some way please like.

Thanks,

Drew 

@dpoggemann Are the necessary APIs for those tools exposed in DV4T? I think at least the endpoints used by the config migration util are locked off as part of the 'nerfing' that makes it 4T. Would not surprise me if dataflows get special treatment, though.

dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @cchannon,

I would bet the DV4T will be tough on first approach but 2nd (dataflow) should work.  I have not tried though, sorry.

Thanks,

Drew 

Hi @dpoggemann 

Thanks for your response.

I didn't know the configuration migration tool yet, but after looking into it I realized it's doing what I was asking in my initial request. I'm not sure if it would work with a D4T environment though. However, since I anyway was looking into an automated way of doing that, I can't use it.

As for the data flow (2nd link) this won't work either since I'm using a Dataverse 4 Teams environment, where I don't have these options available. Meaning, I can't navigate to Power Apps and select my DV4T environment - I would need to do that through the Power Automate Portal. However, in there I don't have those navigational nodes available. 

If I understand you correctly these two (respectively one) options to export & import data from a dataverse 4 teams environment are the common ones?

I wish there would be a better way to automate this 😔

Is there something else that you could think of?

Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. Like my answer? Consider giving it a Thumbs Up. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @FabianAckeret,

One other option would be leveraging a flow that will execute on the update of a specific dataverse table that could be automated to a point, at least you could have a table in your DV4T app that when you write a record to it that it will run a flow to dump the information from your translation table to a specific file you specific (i.e. in SharePoint etc.).  This is still not "packaging" together when you export the application but could give you some automation and it would happen automatically vs. having to navigate anywhere to execute.

Thanks,

Drew 

View solution in original post

FabianAckeret
Super User
Super User

Thanks @dpoggemann 

I was thinking of doing something like that as well. My app is using a custom connector. Perhaps I'll create some custom APIs through Azure API Management that calls a function which, in return, will provide all the necessary data. In PA I then just need to process and save it to the right tables. Oh boi, I think this is more complex than I initially thought.

It's a shame Microsoft didn't provide us with a clean solution yet. Something like "export table X with data"... that'd be too nice 😄.

Anyway, thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,507)