Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sukie
Helper I
Helper I

FIlter stream of other entity in multi-stream dashboard

Hi,

When create a multi-stream dashboard, there is a filter entity and view to set. If I set the entity to A, and use a stream of entity B which has N1 relationship with A (means the B has a lookup field of A), the stream( displayed as a list) does not filtered (of course it would not).

But I think If there is a way to filter stream of Entity B, because if there is no way to filter stream of Entity B, why multi-stream exist ? any benefit more than single-stream dashboard?

Thank you !

Best Regards,

- sukie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @sukie 

The multi-stream dashboard provides the ability to show multiple streams of data flow on the same dashboard with the ability to define visual filters on this data.  Each stream is independent with ability to show many different ones and it will not filter in the way you are thinking.  

Overall if you are looking for this ability from a visualization and filtering aspect, I would look at moving to a Power BI dashboard which has much better control of the visualizations to create slicers and filter your information across all visualizations based on the relationships.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @sukie 

The multi-stream dashboard provides the ability to show multiple streams of data flow on the same dashboard with the ability to define visual filters on this data.  Each stream is independent with ability to show many different ones and it will not filter in the way you are thinking.  

Overall if you are looking for this ability from a visualization and filtering aspect, I would look at moving to a Power BI dashboard which has much better control of the visualizations to create slicers and filter your information across all visualizations based on the relationships.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

View solution in original post

sukie
Helper I
Helper I

Hi  , 

Yes, may be the Power BI dashboard is the best choice.

Thank you very much !

Best Regards,

- sukie

@dpoggemann

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,981)