cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AshTheMan22

Fetching all values from selected checkbox in gallery

Dear community, 

I have a gallery build upon my dataverse, databse. I am trying to make a obsolete button, which it meant to remove the selected files from the active table and drop them in an obsolete table. I way of doing this was to run it in a flow, as i did not know if there is any smarter way to do it. But my problem is that it only collects the last selected checkbox and its assosiated values. So i can't choose multiple, as it will only send the latest chosen to the flow. 

So is there an easier way than fetching, removing and allocate the selected to the obsolete datatable. If not, then i hope you can help me move on 🙂  

There are about 200 different "SOPS" with the data as seen here, therefor the selection to fetch the data and obsolete is crucial. 

AshTheMan22_0-1625822061302.png

AshTheMan22_2-1625822348232.png

Here i iterate by counting the amount of selected checkboxes, but in all iterations it only shows the latest selected.

AshTheMan22_1-1625822204042.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @AshTheMan22 ,

Every one you select you can add to a collection in memory in the Power App.  You will then have a list of all of them you want to move to Obsolete and then maybe send this as a JSON file (or other) to the Power Automate Flow to move them all.

A good example of showing multiple items in a collection and then selecting them and moving the selections to a collection can be found in Microsoft's AppInADay tutorial https://aka.ms/appinaday where there are detailed instructions in the Lab1 on how they are accomplishing and this might be helpful for your situation.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @AshTheMan22 ,

Every one you select you can add to a collection in memory in the Power App.  You will then have a list of all of them you want to move to Obsolete and then maybe send this as a JSON file (or other) to the Power Automate Flow to move them all.

A good example of showing multiple items in a collection and then selecting them and moving the selections to a collection can be found in Microsoft's AppInADay tutorial https://aka.ms/appinaday where there are detailed instructions in the Lab1 on how they are accomplishing and this might be helpful for your situation.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,032)