cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ppl111

Field permissions

I have a dataverse form that all users have access to. It is required to restrict access to a certain field for everyone except users with the gg_admin role. How should it be done?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Akash17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @ppl111 

Hope you are doing well!

To achieve your requirement you just need to follow 3 simple steps

1] Go to that table-> particular column->under advance setting check the checkbox of 

Enable column security

Screenshot (830).png

Next step go to advance setting and go to security and choose option of Field security profile

Screenshot (831).png

Next step click on new to create new field security click on field permission to assign edit, create or delete permissions and under members you can add gg_admin to this created column security

Screenshot (832).png 

Hope this information helpful to you 

Thank you

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

Hello, @ppl111, you will have to use Field Security to achieve this requirement. Once you assigned which columns will be restricted, you will create columns security profiles. Here is a tutorial for how you can do this step by step.

https://creospark.com/powerapps-how-to-enable-dataverse-column-level-security-formerly-cds-field-lev...

If my reply helped you, please give a 👍 , & if it solved your issue, please 👍 & Accept it as the Solution to help other community members find it more.

I am primarily available on weekdays from 6-10 PM CT and 5-10 PM CT on weekends.

Visit my Blog: www.powerplatformplace.com

Akash17
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @ppl111 

Hope you are doing well!

To achieve your requirement you just need to follow 3 simple steps

1] Go to that table-> particular column->under advance setting check the checkbox of 

Enable column security

Screenshot (830).png

Next step go to advance setting and go to security and choose option of Field security profile

Screenshot (831).png

Next step click on new to create new field security click on field permission to assign edit, create or delete permissions and under members you can add gg_admin to this created column security

Screenshot (832).png 

Hope this information helpful to you 

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (4,520)