cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jesslynh
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filter Combobox lookup

I have two tables.  One is a custom table that has a Username lookup to the AADUser table in Dataverse.

In the gallery that I'm showing to the users, I'd like them to be able to search for a user's item, but only for users that already have records in the list. I don't want to include every user in the AAD User table.

I cannot seem to get a formula that filters my combobox.

Note the combobox is not multi-select. Any and all help appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @jesslynh 

I just did a test on this and setup the 'AAD User' column on my Device Orders table.  I then populated the rows so I had duplicate AAD User values in multiple rows to verify I can get the unique list.

I then created a Power App that has a Button that will do the following:

ClearCollect(users,Distinct('Device Orders','AAD User'.'Display Name'))

and I then had a drop down box that displays the following:

users.Result

This worked for me to display the unique list of the AAD Users from the Device Orders table.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @jesslynh 

I just did a test on this and setup the 'AAD User' column on my Device Orders table.  I then populated the rows so I had duplicate AAD User values in multiple rows to verify I can get the unique list.

I then created a Power App that has a Button that will do the following:

ClearCollect(users,Distinct('Device Orders','AAD User'.'Display Name'))

and I then had a drop down box that displays the following:

users.Result

This worked for me to display the unique list of the AAD Users from the Device Orders table.

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,770)