cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SelfTeach

Filter collection against another collection.

I am having a difficult time understanding why filtering my collections this way yields nothing. I am trying to take a collection table with a set of controls and filter it against another collection table of controls with group identifiers. To do this I am taking the control column of collection1 and comparing it to the control column of collection2. The final filter output being; whatever controls in collection1 present in collection2. 

colControl

• Control-ID (Unique Key)
  • Requirements
  • Questions

colCriteriaControlGroup

• CCG-ID (Unique Key)
  • Control-ID (Foreign Key - N:1)
  • TC-ID (Foreign Key - N:1)

When the screen is visible I collect the colControl and colCriteriaControlGroup. I then re-collect the colCriteriaControlGroup by filtering based on the TC-ID group. All of which works perfectly fine. Done so by:

OnVisible = 

ClearCollect(colControl, 'tbl-Controls');
ClearCollect(colCriteriaControlGroup, 'tbl-Criteria-Control-Groups');

ClearCollect(colCriteriaControlGroup, Filter(colCriteriaControlGroup, varTypeCriteria in 'TC-ID'.'TC-ID'));

colControl is displayed in a gallery. I have tried several different ways of filtering, all of which give me no error message but result in an empty gallery. The filter I understand 'should' work:

Gallery Items: Filter(colControl, 'Control-ID' in colCriteriaControlGroup[@'Control-ID'].'Control-ID')

I have logically tested this by setting the gallery items to colControl and setting a label text property to:

• If(ER_Gal_Control.Selected.'Control-ID' in colCriteriaControlGroup[@'Control-ID'].'Control-ID', true, false)

The result is false. I have further checked this by setting other text fields to the following formulas:

• ER_Gal_Control.Selected.'Control-ID'
  • LookUp(colCriteriaControlGroup, 'Control-ID'.'Control-ID' = ER_Gal_Control.Selected.'Control-ID').'Control-ID'.'Control-ID'
  • LookUp(colCriteriaControlGroup, ER_Gal_Control.Selected.'Control-ID' in 'Control-ID'.'Control-ID').'Control-ID'.'Control-ID'

All of which give the exact same output. 

I am under the impression that this has something to do with the Lookup data types involved here seeing that the colCriteriaControlGroup's 'Control-ID' field is a foreign key of colControl's 'Control-ID'. 

Additionally I have tried this with mock tables which does work (gives me the result i'm after, a dataset composed of records that exist in both tables/collections.

Table1

-------

Table2

-------

Filter(Table1, Column1 in Table2.Column1)

Result = 1, 2, 3

I am open to anything at this point. Thank you for the insight in advance.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power Apps User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (74,947)