Did you mean: 
Teresa24486
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Filter data based on selection on modeldriven apps

hi, 

Can i achieve the following. Consider the scenario:

CategoryBrandsModelDesc
PCApple, HP, Acer,DellMacbook Pro, macbook Air, HP1,HP2,Acer1,Acer2,Dell1,Dell2d1,d2,d3,d4..
Watchiwatch, Rolex, Cartier, Citizeniwatch series2, iwatch series3, iwatch series4, iwatch series5, rolex 1,rolex2, cartier1, citizen1

d5,d6,d7,d8..

Phonesiphone, samsung, Sony, Nokiaiphone 6, iphne 7, iphone10, samsung note,samsung galaxy, nokia1, sony 1d9,d10,d11,d12..

I want to segregate/filter based on the choice. When PC is selected from the Category field only Apple, HP, Acer,Dell should populate from Brands field, only related models should populate on the Model field.. etc.. I am using modeldriven app. Please give your suggestions to achieve this.

1 REPLY 1
GarryPope
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hello @Teresa24486,

I hope you're well, and I hope I'm not misunderstanding what you're asking for. But I think you want to look at all your data and then filter it, right? So in the column "Category" if you select the value "PC" you only see records that relate to "PC" such as "Apple", "HP", "Acer", "Dell"? 

The Views functionality will allow you to show a list of records, and then when a user is looking at the list of records they can use the filter functionality to filter the data. You can then continue to dive deeper, so if in the "Brands" column you select "Apple" it will then only show models related to Apple. And then in the "Models" column if you select only "Macbook Air" you'll only see records for that model. 

Here is Microsoft doc that explains about Views. 

I hope this makes sense and I haven't misunderstood. Let me know if I have or not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,691)