Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie150
Advocate I
Advocate I

Filtering a Dataverse table remove Delegation warning

Hello World of PowerApps Users!  

I don't know how to solve this problem and hope you can help.

I have a large table in the Dataverse - 500,000+ rows.  I want to filter the table on 3 or 4 different dimensions.

I have tried filter on a label holding the selected value, a dropdown selected have and I have tried filtering the large table through a selected value in another Gallery (a nested table / nested gallery).  No dice, I still get a delegation warning.  

Once filtered on the 3 dimensions, I should return 7 records (rows)

Is there a Flow, or other Power Automate that I could use to filter the Dataverse table 'in place' so that I am not calling all 500,000 + records?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
cchannon
Super User
Super User

Yes, you've hit on the correct approach precisely. The delegable query limits of Power Apps are more constrained than other services, such as PowerAutomate Flows. So what you need to do is write a PowerAutomate Flow that runs on an HTTP Request trigger, performs your queries, the returns an HTTP Response, then from your PowerApp call that flow with a web request and await its response.

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@Newbie150 

Have you tried using a filtered view? You can easily create one in dataverse.

Newbie150
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @Drrickryp I looked at filtered views in DataVerse, but I couldn't see how I could use the filter function to dynamically filter the records based on selections made by my users. 

Can PowerApps pass a variable  to the DataVerse to use as a filter?

Hi @cchannon , thanks for this.  Do you have a resource that could show me how to enact your solution?  

I managed to solve the problem using a collection - but the app now 'hangs' while the Dataverse filters and sends back the specific 7 rows I want.  (I get a 'wait'/'close' error.)  

I wonder if your solution will improve performance.

Sure. A quick google search turned up this blog, but just about anything that comes back from the search, "call flow http trigger from canvas app," ought to get you where you want to be.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (6,424)