Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gexiaorong

Flow cannot get the content when inserting a new row to dataverse

Hi,

We met an error few days ago.

We inserted a new row to Contact table in this page

gexiaorong_3-1656482705388.png

The action could trigger our flow successfully, but the flow could not get the value of the row, only got an empty string.

gexiaorong_1-1656482446337.png

But if we created an app and inserted a record, the flow could get the row value successfully.

gexiaorong_4-1656482928425.png

gexiaorong_5-1656482982168.png

The flow worked well until the dataverse updated to the new UI on 14 Jun, then the problem happened.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

@gexiaorong, I am wondering if it a bug with the new Dataverse Table Editor. Try to create a new record using the Classic Dynamics 365:

• Go to your table in Dataverse
  • Click the Gear 

AhmedSalih_0-1656600689090.png

• Click Advanced Settings
  • Click Advanced Find

AhmedSalih_1-1656600780307.png

• Look For your table and select it then click Results

AhmedSalih_2-1656600888306.png

• Click New and fill out the record values and then click save and see if that will trigger your flow and you get values. If that is the case, then it might be the new Table Editor in Dataverse has some issue. 

Regards,
Ahmed
If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider Accept it as the Solution to help other members in the community find it more.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

@gexiaorong, I am wondering if it a bug with the new Dataverse Table Editor. Try to create a new record using the Classic Dynamics 365:

• Go to your table in Dataverse
  • Click the Gear 

AhmedSalih_0-1656600689090.png

• Click Advanced Settings
  • Click Advanced Find

AhmedSalih_1-1656600780307.png

• Look For your table and select it then click Results

AhmedSalih_2-1656600888306.png

• Click New and fill out the record values and then click save and see if that will trigger your flow and you get values. If that is the case, then it might be the new Table Editor in Dataverse has some issue. 

Regards,
Ahmed
If my reply helped you, please give a 👍. And if it has solved your issue, please consider Accept it as the Solution to help other members in the community find it more.

Hi @AhmedSalih , followed your instruction to create a new record, the flow triggered and run successfully.

So can we consider it is a bug with the new Dataverse Table Editor?

And the solution is creating a new model driven app to create new record, or using the Classic Dynamics 365?

Many thanks for your help!

AhmedSalih
Super User
Super User

@gexiaorong, I have tested this on my environment and it is working for me in the new Dataverse Table Editor. So, I would start a ticket with Micrsoft for them to check your environment. 

AhmedSalih_0-1656648481523.png

Regards,
Ahmed

gexiaorong

Hi @AhmedSalih, just tried again on my environment, the bug could not be reproduced and the flow worked well.

Probably Microsoft team has fixed the issue.

Thank you very much for your support!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,306)