cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MicrosoftAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Flow triggered when a Task in ‘Project for the web’ is marked as complete

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance for any assistance here.

I'd like to create a new Flow triggered when a Task in ‘Project for the web’ is marked as complete. Does anyone know a way to achieve this?

I see Planner appears to have this functionality built in, see screenshot:

MicrosoftAdmin_0-1652804065707.png

I see 2 Flow Templates available from Microsoft for Project for the web (New Flow Templates for Project for the web - Microsoft Tech Community) Neither natively appear to have functionality to start a flow when a task is complete.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MicrosoftAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have achieved this using the following flow. Note that the 'Filter Rows' selection declares OData filter:

msdyn_progress gt 0

This prevents the flow from running if any modification *other than mark as complete* is made.

MicrosoftAdmin_0-1652950683218.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Moximox
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

Project for the web stores its data in dataverse.  So just create a flow with a dataverse trigger and choose the appropriate project for web table that you wish to trigger on. 

Thanks for this Moximox,

The most appropriate trigger i see is Dataverse "When an action is performed". I can drill down and see the task table, but I dont see any way to trigger from update of any records in the table. Any idea?

When a task is marked as complete, the msdyn_progress record is set to 100, this is what i want the trigger to be:

Thank you

MicrosoftAdmin_1-1652807109810.png

MicrosoftAdmin_0-1652806963815.png

MicrosoftAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Hi All,

I have achieved this using the following flow. Note that the 'Filter Rows' selection declares OData filter:

msdyn_progress gt 0

This prevents the flow from running if any modification *other than mark as complete* is made.

MicrosoftAdmin_0-1652950683218.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,948)