Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TokeJacobsen
Helper I
Helper I

Flows: Update a dataverse table without knowing the ID

Hi guys,

I am in the middle of creating a flow that copies data from one dataverse to another and I am experiencing an issue, for which I FEEL like there should be an easy solution to, but I somehow can't wrap my head around.

As stated, I have a table (T1) , where I want to transfer data to another table (T2).

T1 has a column called Name, which holds a text value (which is also a GUID), that I use as a reference to T2 - let's call that row T1_Name. 

When traversing T1 I want to update the corralating row in T2. In SQL I would do something like:

Update T2 ColA, ColB, ColC, VALUES (A,B,C) Where T1.Name = T2.T1_Name. 

As far as I can see, the Update A Row-activity REQUIRES me to know the unique Row ID, which I don't dynamical. 

TokeJacobsen_0-1649319211851.png

Search Row-activity doesn't specify which table (and is also only in preview) which seems very inintuitive to me. 

Looking forward to hear from you! 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@TokeJacobsen 

What you need here is to get the row from Table 2 using List Rows and add a filter query like.

ReferenceColumn eq referencecolumnvaluefromtable2 ,

Then you can update the row returned from List Rows , let me know if this makes sense.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@TokeJacobsen 

What you need here is to get the row from Table 2 using List Rows and add a filter query like.

ReferenceColumn eq referencecolumnvaluefromtable2 ,

Then you can update the row returned from List Rows , let me know if this makes sense.

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

Hi Mira,

This makes alot of sense! I will give it a try and as soon as it works, I will Accept as Solution.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,553)