Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reigningfear
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

ForAll Now generating 429 Errors (52 concurrent requests) for users

Hello everyone,

I have an application that writes batches of rows to a dataverse table. For the past ~7 months, I have not had an issue with the code below:

ForAll(
CollectionSplit As Split, 

Patch(datasource,FirstN(SortByColumns(ShowColumns(Filter(collection,Updated = true),
"recordid","columns",...), "cr1c1_field", Split.Sort),Split.RecordCount));

//Removes records from collection to prevent overwriting.
Remove(Collection,FirstN(SortByColumns(Filter(Collection,Updated = true),"cr1c1_field",
Split.Sort),Split.RecordCount))

);

The collection I am using as a source for patching the dataverse table has anywhere from 40-150 rows in it. I ran into 429 errors when I would do Patch(datasource,collection). Instead, I decided to break up the patch into 4 operations using the 'CollectionSplit' collection. This resolved the 429s and everything was working great until 4/26. All of the sudden, 429 errors ran rampant and now the app is almost unusable.

I've tried increasing the amount of batches to 6, I've tried doing a ForAll for each record. Interestingly, the ForAll for each record is faster somehow and still results in 429s. 

Reigningfear_0-1651743795320.png

I have read up on The API limits, Service protection API limits (Microsoft Dataverse) - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs, but unfortunately, PowerApps doesn't have a ton of diagnostic capability. The Monitor doesn't even show the error. 

Does anyone have any thoughts on why this suddenly happened, what I can do and/or how I can get more information about what's going on internally in PowerApps?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (1,577)