cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ricfernandes
Regular Visitor

Force rollup fields calculation

Dear community,

I'm creating a POC for a client for them to decide whether to go for the Power Platform for replacing a legacy application. The strategy is to use the model-driven approach as far as possible, thus the end result will be a set of business entities which will be manipulated by one or more model-driven apps.

The biggest blocker point so far is that I need several rollup fields to be calculated as soon the data is entered in the entities they refer to. I know we can go to each rollup field and force the value to be updated in the model-driven app directly by hitting the "Update" button that appears next to the field. The thing is that the client wants to have a single button to update all rollup field at once.

Is there a way of doing that? Thanks in advance!

11 REPLIES 11
tschopp
Advocate III
Advocate III

The author of "Dynamics 365 Workflow Tools" has released an entity neutral version called "Power Platform Workflow Tools".  It's a new project that excludes classes with dependencies on Microsoft Sales and Customer Service.  It deploys into a stock Power Platform environment.

https://github.com/james-tekstack/Dynamics-365-Workflow-Tools/releases/tag/1.0.61.1

BradleyF1

For those that find this post in the future.

Here is a great Blog post, discussing how to force the Calculate Rollup using a Power Automate.
Calculate Rollup Fields by Power Automate (boruwang.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,128)