cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C_Hiller

Get Data from a Sharepoint

Hi, 

I´m not able to get data from my Sharepoint. I´m only able to add the whole folder from the Sharepoint, but can´t get the data from the folder. Does anyone no what the Problem is?

Power_Apps.PNG

Thanks for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
C_Hiller

I had a mistake in my thinking. It was stupid from me. But thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
joe_hannes_col
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hello @C_Hiller,

If I'm interpreting your screenshot correctly, you are about to add a new data source to your app. To get a specific row from your SharePoint list, you would first have to add the list containing the row into your app, by selecting it in the dialog in your screenshot.

Next, you can retrieve a single record from your list.

There are multiple ways to do this, for example if you want to display them in your form control:

• Using the First(MyList) function if you have only one entry in your list
  • Using the LookUp formula: LookUp(MyList, ID=1234)
  • Using a Gallery, setting the Gallery's data source to 'MyList', and then using Gallery.Selected to retrieve the row selected in your Gallery in the Form
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @C_Hiller,

Do you want to access the data you store within the folder?

Actually, you could only get the metadata of the file in sharepoint, like the file's link, the file's name.

I am afraid that it is not supported to access data from the file storing in SharePoint library.

If you want to access the Excel data storing in the folder from SharePoint library , you could only connect with excel on one drive currently.

Then you could get excel content of this file.

Also, you could consider choose "imported from excel". You could also connect with excel content in this situation.

But please notice that:
you will get a static table by choosing this. (Could only view data, can not write data)

Best Regards,
Qi
C_Hiller

I had a mistake in my thinking. It was stupid from me. But thanks for helping.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,409)