cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ACI_Data
Frequent Visitor

Get the data from a lookup column

Hey,

In my Dataverse I have a relation between the tables Order Reminder and User (M-1)

I need the email from the table User in a column that is in the table Order Reminder. 

I saw an article that someone made a Text field calculated column that pulls the Primary Email (which is in the table User) to the other column to reduce the complexity of the Power Automate flow (the link: Power Automate Solution: Due Date Reminders Unfortunately they didn't explain how they did the calculation and I can't figure it out.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

Hi @ACI_Data ,

If relationship exist for your custom table (Order Reminder) and user, then I hope lookup for user table will be available in your custom table. 

I have added screenshots for creating calculated column and formula to populate email address from user table automatically.

cr5b9_user is the custom lookup in my table internalemailaddress is the email address of the user.

Calculated column will works only after save of the record. While creating, select user from the lookup save the record. Email will automatically populate from the lookup.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

If it answers your question. Kindly give kudo and accept it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
DynamicsHS
Helper II
Helper II

Anyone have the solution to this ? I’m also struggling with the same problem. 

Prakash4691
Super User
Super User

Hi @ACI_Data ,

If relationship exist for your custom table (Order Reminder) and user, then I hope lookup for user table will be available in your custom table. 

I have added screenshots for creating calculated column and formula to populate email address from user table automatically.

cr5b9_user is the custom lookup in my table internalemailaddress is the email address of the user.

Calculated column will works only after save of the record. While creating, select user from the lookup save the record. Email will automatically populate from the lookup.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

If it answers your question. Kindly give kudo and accept it as solution.

Regards,

Prakash

@Prakash4691 Yes this was it! Such an easy answer and yet I couldn't come up with it. I already had the lookup column, just didn't realize you can use it in the calculated column that way. Now my flow is much easier to make thank you so much!

@DynamicsHS  Hopefully this also helped you 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,341)