cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jladan_ZA
Frequent Visitor

Got a bunch of flow using dataverse legacy, Can i upgrade them to the new connector without a full rebuild?

Good evening all,

I have a large collection of flows I would like to convert to using the new Dataverse connector instead of the Legacy one.

Is there a way to "upgrade" these flows?

Sure having to rebuild everything everytime there is new connector is crazy?

3 REPLIES 3
cchannon
Super User
Super User

I don't know the exact timelines, but I am sure the legacy ones won't be disabled any time soon. You have lots of time to go in and update them. And no, there is no one-click to update because they contain functional changes so your present configurations would not be guaranteed to work.

Jladan_ZA
Frequent Visitor

Well i hear what you are saying, and understand that they arent the same connectors with the same functionality set. I would expect at least some sort of migration tool. It quite a difficult sell to understand that when new connectors for the same platform come out, you are potentially looking at rebuilding your flows to stay up to date.

Hi @Jladan_ZA,

Depreciation of functionality isn't unique to Power Platform. Every platform, software tools/libraries will deprecate. For something smaller like this, I don't think I'd want time investment for this kind of migration over higher value new features or fixes.

A more worthwhile investment would be a migration path from say old SharePoint workflows to Power Automate which covers a much broader scope.

Thats just my two cents though.

Until the newer Dataverse connector becomes available in Logic Apps, I wouldn't be in too much of a panic right now because until they solve that gap then it won't go away. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Users online (1,424)