cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ghdunn
Post Patron
Post Patron

Grouping Contact records in Contact entity of Common Data Service Power App for bulk emails

Hi,

Is there a way of grouping a number of contacts (and therefore their emails) into configurable groups for bulk email?

The references focus either on marketing functionality within Dynamics 365 but I am trying to do it simply with a Power Apps licence.  Alternatively I could explore the Outlook App but this may bring in more complexity that i want to avoid at the moment and also the licensing is a little ambiguous.

What I would like to do is simply create an email within the MDA Activity, but instead of choosing a Contact or Account, choose a 'group'.

Thanks

Ged

4 REPLIES 4
SeanHenderson
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @ghdunn 

Are you trying to send an email from a model-driven app or a canvas app?

Outlook integration is something baked into what you get with a Dynamics license.

Thanks @SeanHenderson 

I am using Model Driven App under a Power Apps licence.  Not using Dynamics.

Thanks

Ged

Jerome_DH
Regular Visitor

Hello Ged,

Any answer or solution on this request?

I am facing the same need. It would be the only reason to use Dynamics for sales Professional or Entreprise instead of Power Apps.

Jerome

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @ghdunn,

With just Dataverse, you can achieve this with the following steps:

1. Configure a view for your desired contacts. This will act sort of like your "marketing list"
  2. With the help of Power Automate, create a new cloud flow using the Common Data Service connector, not the "Common Data Service current environment connector"
    1. Set the trigger to When a row is selected
    2. Then with either the Office 365 Outlook or Email connector, add a send email action to the contact details from the trigger action. Ex:

2021-02-15_20-55-08.png

3. Back in Dataverse (via a model-driven app, make.powerapps.com or Advanced Find), pick your view, and select all the contacts. In the Menu, click on Flow and select the flow you just created. This will trigger the flow on every selected contact
    2021-02-15_20-57-15.png

Hope this helps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,154)