cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShaqPP
Regular Visitor

Header - Detail table questions

Hi guys,

I got some question regarding Header - Detail situation or we used to call it Parent - Child, with connection of D365 Finance.

It is about the concept of Company in the respective D365 Finance, so in CDS it will have a table called "cdm_company". In my custom table which is the Header, I add the relationship to that table "cdm_company" so it will have column company over there.

My confusion is, what about the detail (child) ? as it is already related its header as I add relationship between these two tables, I personally think I don't need to add company as well. Also if I add company, what will be the plan for it, since it is a lookup to "cdm_company", but I think we can defaulted also the value from the table. 

So over here my questions are :

1. Do we need company field as well in Detail (child) ?

2. Because the value should always refer to Header, how to make it defaulted from that table ?

I don't know how to put this, but the question no 1, is actually looks more likely in regards of I'm using Dual-Write feature to integrate data between CDS - D365 Finance, and it looks like my destination table need this, since it is says it need Primary Company Field.

Please advice,

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (1,193)