cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

Help with Horizontal Field Navigation on Model-Driven App

Hi All,

One of my forms in my model-driven app has a section with 3 columns; the users want to be able to navigate this form horizontally using the "Tab" key. Unfortunately, by default, the fields' focus moves vertically with the "Tab" key.

Is there any easy way to change the HTML tabindex attribute of the fields within a form?

Otherwise, is there any workaround to accomplish a similar result?

Thank you,

Erick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @ErickDiaz ,

I was able to accomplish this need by creating a tab with 1 column and then adding a section with 4 columns and only 1 row.  I laid out the first 4 fields in this section.  It then added a second section below this with 4 columns and did the same.

This drove the navigation from left to right across first section and then it went to second section, third, etc.

Hopefully this will help you accomplish your business desire here.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @ErickDiaz ,

I was able to accomplish this need by creating a tab with 1 column and then adding a section with 4 columns and only 1 row.  I laid out the first 4 fields in this section.  It then added a second section below this with 4 columns and did the same.

This drove the navigation from left to right across first section and then it went to second section, third, etc.

Hopefully this will help you accomplish your business desire here.

Thanks,

Drew

View solution in original post

Hi @dpoggemann (Drew),

That's very clever, it does solve my problem.

The only concern is all the extra white space that's added for each section which significantly increasing the height of the form but your solution is definitely a workaround.

Thank you very much for your help,

Erick

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Users online (67,497)