cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vincentSala
Frequent Visitor

Help with filter in form

Hi All,
Can anyone point me to the right resources (literature, videos, posts...) to solve the filter in the picture below??
Trying to get the associated records once the skuId is selected in the form...

varietiesFilter.png

Thanks very much

Best regards

Vincent

7 REPLIES 7
dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @vincentSala ,

I just created a Sku, Variety, and Sku Variety tables with the relationships as you identified and created a Canvas App Page with the filter and the following code accomplished the filter correctly:

Screen Shot 2021-11-11 at 6.31.16 PM.png

I am displaying the SKU name in the first combo box and filtering the second table based on the name of the SKU.

Hope this helps.  Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.

Thanks,

Drew

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew

Good morning Drew,

Trying to reproduce the filter with the information you have kindly provided.

I suppose when you use "Sku.Name", it is the table name plus the column name. In my case the name of the table has to be written in plural.

However, I am getting a delegation warning with no data in the combo.

varietyFilter2.png

Thanks very much

Best regards

Vincent

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @vincentSala

skus.skuId is a field in SkuVars ? if yes then you are comparing GUID with Value Field. thats why you are getting that error.

dpoggemann
Super User
Super User

Hi @vincentSala ,

I misunderstood your filter.  I thought you were trying to filter the SkuVar records but you are trying to filter the Varieties based on Sku selected in ComboBox1.  I will have to think more on this...

Hope this helps. Please accept if answers your question or Like if helps in any way.
Thanks,
Drew
vincentSala
Frequent Visitor

Hi Drew,

My apologies, I did not provide details enough.

Yes, trying to filter the 'varieties' table depending on one field in the 'sku' table.

Thanks a lot

Hi rampprakash,

Not a field in SkuVars.

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Hello @vincentSala 

Please use the if field front he respected entity to make it work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,234)