cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide New option of dropdown in forms

Hi All,

I want to hide the option to "add new" location from user in the below image.

Tejasvi_munge_0-1622791850042.png

How can I achieve that?

@v-siky-msft Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The only way to remove that option from the dropdown is to remove the "Create" privilege for the "Location" entity from all Security Roles that your user has.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

This is a built-in SharePoint function and unfortunately, if a user has at least Contribute permissions, it will be available to them.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

I didn't understand your reply. Can you please explain. I have embedded the form in model driven app and datasource is CDS. The filed which I want to hide new option is of datatype choice.

Hi @Anonymous ,

It was not evident from your post that this was CDS - I am not a DataVerse user, so unfortunately cannot assist, however I suspect the answer will be the same - you cannot alter built-in functions.

Hello,

The only way to remove that option from the dropdown is to remove the "Create" privilege for the "Location" entity from all Security Roles that your user has.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @a33ik ,

Thank you for the solution.

I have one more question- So the Location field is lookup field and I want to show those location whose location type is "A". How can I do that?

Where do you open that lookup form from?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,521)