cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hierarchy Config of Custom Entity: "Entity is not configured for Hierarchy settings. Please contact your system administrator."

Good day

I have created a self-referenced custom entity called "Component". This was done in a Sandbox environment called "EI"

When, in the app, I click on the Hierarchy icon I get the below error.

"Entity is not configured for Hierarchy settings. Please contact your system administrator."

See Capture.png.

The hierarchy is displayed but obviously when I click the message away the hierarchy form is removed.

Interestingly, when doing the same in the iPhone app, the hierarchy remains. 🤔

My research indicated that I need to enable Hierarchy security in my environment.

see HS.png.

What concerns me here is that I can exclude my "Component" entity from this but not add it? Presumably, it is included by default.

I am new to PowerApps.

I would appreciate any guidance from the community.

Regards

Carl

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Hi Eric

Indeed, adding the missing Hierarchy Settings solved the problem for me as well 🙂

Thank you very much!

I was trying to follow the Microsoft documentation:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/define-query-hierarchical-data

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/visualize-hierarchical-data

(I believe the last one is the important one here)

But, it was not obvious to me how I got to the place where I could create a new Hierarchy Settings element. Nor did I understand why I needed to create it. Now I do – thanks to you Eric!

Kind regards

Michael

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (8,269)