cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Ho to set security role at Import by Dataflows

Hi community,

I want to give a security role to a record according to the value of each records a field value.

How to set security role at Dataflows?

Thanks in advanced.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the additional info @dexit.

Having security roles configured to user-level will prevent access to users who do not own, but you'll still need some logic to update the Owner of the record based on the column. This doesn't have to be built in the Dataflow, but you can have a separate process to automate that such as with Power Automate and the Common Data Service (current environment) connector. So for example, the high-level logic:

1. when a new record is created (via Dataflows or even outside Dataflows)
  2. check if "the column" is populated
    1. if so have conditions that updates the Owner to the Team based on "the column"
    2. if not, set a default Owner

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @dexit 

I need a little more information on what you're trying to do. You want to apply security to a column, but only certain records of that column?

Super User II
Super User II

Hi @dexit,

Just as @SeanHenderson mentioned we'll need a little more details. Security roles can't be "given" to records, they are assigned to users. You can have privileges set on a role to only access/edit records that the current user owns. Also, you can enabled field level security on columns/fields.

More info on security model:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/wp-security-cds#entityrecord-ownership

Here's also a nice video summarizing security model in Dataverse: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Security-in-Common-Data-Service-CDS/t... 

Hope this helps...

Regular Visitor

Hi @SeanHenderson    @EricRegnier 
Thank you for your reply.
I want to apply "prevent access to records that users do not own or share" to the data when importing with Dataflows

Specifically, I want to give access to the corresponding team by judging from the column (for example, team ID) in the record.
But i don't know How to set Access role at import by Dataflows.

Frequent Visitor

Hi @dexit 

You should look into implementing either Owner Teams or Access Teams based on your requirements. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/use-access-teams-owner-teams-coll...

Hope that helps

Thanks for the additional info @dexit.

Having security roles configured to user-level will prevent access to users who do not own, but you'll still need some logic to update the Owner of the record based on the column. This doesn't have to be built in the Dataflow, but you can have a separate process to automate that such as with Power Automate and the Common Data Service (current environment) connector. So for example, the high-level logic:

1. when a new record is created (via Dataflows or even outside Dataflows)
  2. check if "the column" is populated
    1. if so have conditions that updates the Owner to the Team based on "the column"
    2. if not, set a default Owner

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Regular Visitor

@EricRegnier 

Sorry for the late confirmation.

Your answer was very helpful.

But we dont have PowerAuomate lisence.

I will consult with you so that you can purchase it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (43,649)