Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newbie2
Advocate I
Advocate I

How can I find usersettings entity?

I am a new user of Microsoft Dataverse.
I tried to find the usersettings entity by looking at the following documentation, but could not find it.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/reference/entities/usersettings

I would like to set the time zone for each user, as in this document
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/data-platform/specify-time-zone-settings-user

Please let me know if there is a better way to do this.

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Newbie2,

You can use the User Settings Utility plugin from the Xrmtoolbox to manage a users personal settings, such as Timezone. 

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

XrmToolbox works but you have to manually do it.  Use XrmToolBox for users that are already in the instance and Flow for new users.  You can set the timezone to automatically run in Flow.

The trigger needs to be a Common Data Service trigger on create set scope to Organisation (create = when user gets pushed through from Azure AD to the instance), the Action should be Common Data Service -> Update Row where  Entity/Table = User Settings, Id = the Userid from the Trigger, and then put the appropriate value in TimeZoneCode (note: this list may not be complete due to its age https://powerobjects.com/crm-101/importing-values-time-zone-fields-dynamics-crm/).

Newbie2
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you for information.
However, my request is to set the timezone in the "usersettings entity".
But it was helpful.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Newbie2look closely at the second paragraph in my previous post, it is how you set timezone for a User by updating the User Settings (usersettings) entity using power automate flow (the only other way to do it is via .Net code - and if you want to do that you could look at the XrmToolBox code for the user settigns plugin - most of it is open source).

Hi @Newbie2 

To supplement on @Fubar and @ChrisPiasecki, XrmToolBox is the most common way to set user settings which in the background updates usersetting entity. Note that users can always overwrite these settings (personal settings) and set whatever they want. Is your requirement to force them to a particular timezone or simply to set the default timezone for them one time?

Cheers

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,506)