cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryn
Advocate I
Advocate I

How could I replicate a "Data verse Custom Table" in "Data verse for Teams" and/or use Data Integration between the environments.

Hi, I usually only ask a question here when I have read everything I could possibly find... so here I am.

I have a Data verse instance X I want to utilise. I have a certain Teams - team with a "Data verse for Teams" instance Y.

I want to utilise 1 Table from X that I have Created in Y without having to rebuild the entire thing.

Being unsuccessful with the above, I have looked at Data Integration setup. I have been faced with an "Unauthorised" error message to create a connection collection to Y.

Has anyone attempted this or know of a possible solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Ryn,

Since Instance Y is Dataverse for Teams which is a limited version of Dataverse you can't create Table 1 from instance X. Primarily because solutions are not yet supported. Unfortunately you won't be able to use other means like via the API because API access is also disabled on Dataverse for Teams. More on the difference between Dataverse for Teams and Dataverse: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/data-platform-compare 

Unfortunately, the only workaround I know is to manually recreate the table in environment Y...

Cheers

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
EricRegnier
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Ryn,

Since Instance Y is Dataverse for Teams which is a limited version of Dataverse you can't create Table 1 from instance X. Primarily because solutions are not yet supported. Unfortunately you won't be able to use other means like via the API because API access is also disabled on Dataverse for Teams. More on the difference between Dataverse for Teams and Dataverse: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/data-platform-compare 

Unfortunately, the only workaround I know is to manually recreate the table in environment Y...

Cheers

View solution in original post

Hi  @EricRegnier,

Thank you for the reply, that makes sense as it's not quite matured yet. I feel the trouble is with creating a table in Y it would have a different GUID to X of course and when I import the "Master" table X, I would need to map/merge old data onto that instead.

Do you have any knowledge about not being able to connect a Data Integration project and or Connection Collection to Dataverse for Teams?

Thanks,

Ryn

It shouldn't matter assuming same table name and field name. When you import data from table X into Y, you'll have to map anyways regardless if Y was created from X, that is, if you import via the common tools like Excel, configuration migration, etc.

Data Integration or API access is not yet available in Dataverse for Teams, which would explain why you can't connect... https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/teams/data-platform-compare#business-intelligence-and-pro...

Cheers

Thank you, I wasn't aware that the 2 might have been related.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,246)