cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
365-Assist
Helper V
Helper V

How do you disable new button on lookup

I have a Model Drive App and want to disable the New record button on a Lookup. 

Most of what I have read is you can remove access to create the new record using permissions. I don't want to do it that way. I want users to create the record but not to do it via the Lookup record. 

I also have read that it can be done by unsupported code. But don't way to do that either.

365-Assist_0-1619254070757.png

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @365-Assist,

This can only be controlled by restricting create privileges using Security Roles. Using any other method is an unsupported customization.

If you want this to be added as a future feature, you can suggest it in the ideas section.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

ajmalziyad
Microsoft
Microsoft

Is this supported for Online ?

Regards, 

Ajmal Ziyad S

Yes it is. And you can disable it like this for now: https://www.pragmatic-development.io/blog/prevent-new-button-on-lookup-controls/

AbdulEsen

Hi all,
is it possible to hide the '+ New Record'-Button in a similar way from the dialog-popup after clicking the 'Add Existing ...'-Button of a subgrid?

2021-09-05_15h31_27.png

Regards,

Abdul

Hi @AbdulEsen,

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to manually remove that. It possible to remove/hding the Add New in the SubGrid section by editing the ribbon/command button with the XrmToolBox RibbonWorkbench. or by simply removing the create privileges on that entity/table.

EricRegnier_1-1635202623806.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your response! The alternative solutions mentioned are known to me. However, in my case these are not a viable option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Users online (1,599)