cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
365-Assist
Advocate V
Advocate V

How do you disable new button on lookup

I have a Model Drive App and want to disable the New record button on a Lookup. 

Most of what I have read is you can remove access to create the new record using permissions. I don't want to do it that way. I want users to create the record but not to do it via the Lookup record. 

I also have read that it can be done by unsupported code. But don't way to do that either.

365-Assist_0-1619254070757.png

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

7 REPLIES 7
ChrisPiasecki
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @365-Assist,

This can only be controlled by restricting create privileges using Security Roles. Using any other method is an unsupported customization.

If you want this to be added as a future feature, you can suggest it in the ideas section.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

Hi @365-Assist,

There's already an idea for this. Please vote! @ChrisPiasecki you as well 🙂

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/Ability-to-deactivate-or-hide-the-create-new-re... 

Cheers 

ajmalziyad
Microsoft
Microsoft

Is this supported for Online ?

Regards, 

Ajmal Ziyad S

Yes it is. And you can disable it like this for now: https://www.pragmatic-development.io/blog/prevent-new-button-on-lookup-controls/

AbdulEsen

Hi all,
is it possible to hide the '+ New Record'-Button in a similar way from the dialog-popup after clicking the 'Add Existing ...'-Button of a subgrid?

2021-09-05_15h31_27.png

Regards,

Abdul

Hi @AbdulEsen,

Unfortunately, I haven't found a way to manually remove that. It possible to remove/hding the Add New in the SubGrid section by editing the ribbon/command button with the XrmToolBox RibbonWorkbench. or by simply removing the create privileges on that entity/table.

EricRegnier_1-1635202623806.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your response! The alternative solutions mentioned are known to me. However, in my case these are not a viable option.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,726)