cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ErickDiaz
Helper II
Helper II

How to Specify a Raw Body on a Custom Connector instead of JSON?

Hi,

I’m creating a Flow process that uses a custom connector to access an on-prem API using the data gateway. I’m on the first step process to get the access token, the POST method expects a raw body as follow:

grant_type=password&username=myusername123&password=mypassword123&scope=api

Unfortunately, the custom connector only allows me to define the body in a JSON format so my connector is failing because of the body:

{
"grant_type" : "password",
"username" : "myusername123",
"password" : "mypassword123",
"scope" : "api"
}

When testing the custom connector, there is an option that let’s me specify a raw body and the test is successful.

Custom Connector - JSON Body Failed 400:

Custom Connector - JSON Body Failed 400.jpg

Custom Connector - Raw Body Succeeded 200:

Custom Connector - Raw Body Succeeded 200.jpg

However, when I create my flow, I do not have the option to pass the body as raw:

Flow - Cannot Specify Raw Body Option.jpg

Any idea how to pass a raw body to my custom connector?

Thank you,

Erick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I found a very simple fix, I just had to specify an empty string with double quotes (i.e. "") as the Body and that prevented Power Apps from converting my parameter (grant_type=password&username=myusername123&password=mypassword123&scope=api) to JSON.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dpoggemann
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ErickDiaz,

I think you might want to move this post to the Power Automate forum (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Power-Automate/ct-p/MPACommunity).  I think you will get more responses there since focus is not really Dataverse from what I see...

Thanks!

Drew 

Hi Drew (@dpoggemann),

Thank you for your suggestion, I'll try to create this post in the Power Automate forum.

I will also leave it here as this is related to Custom Connectors and the fact that I can only specify the body in a JSON format on the request definition:

Custom Connector - Body Request Definition.jpg

Thank you,

Erick

I found a very simple fix, I just had to specify an empty string with double quotes (i.e. "") as the Body and that prevented Power Apps from converting my parameter (grant_type=password&username=myusername123&password=mypassword123&scope=api) to JSON.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (55,421)