cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave8
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to create a table using the similar structure of the existing table within the environment?

Hello,

Could you please share the automated approach to create a new table using the existing table structure within the same environment in Microsoft Dataverse?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @dave8,

There's no out of box automated way, but there is an XrmToolbox plugin called the Clone Field Definitions Plugin that can copy all your columns (fields) from one Table to another. The Attributes Factory is a similar one where you can export out the columns of an existing entity, then create them for another table. You'd just need to create the new table first.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @dave8,

There's no out of box automated way, but there is an XrmToolbox plugin called the Clone Field Definitions Plugin that can copy all your columns (fields) from one Table to another. The Attributes Factory is a similar one where you can export out the columns of an existing entity, then create them for another table. You'd just need to create the new table first.

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

EricRegnier
Super User
Super User

HI @dave8,

To supplement on the previous post, there are other out-of-the-box tricks with solutions:

1. If you need to create the same table in the same tenant but different Dataverse environment, then simply export and import a solution.
  2. If you need same table in same Dataverse environment, then export a solution with your table (include all components). Unzip the solution file, edit the table physical name, change guids on forms, views. Re-zip and re-import

More complicated, but can use the SDK with .NET or Web API: https://docs.microsoft.com/powerapps/developer/data-platform/metadata-services#programmatically-work... 

Hope this helps...

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,000)