cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amruthavarshini
Helper III
Helper III

How to create power bi dashboard for custom app?

Hi all, 

I have a custom model driven app with custom entities in customer service module in dynamics 365. I want to create a power bi dashboard using the data of the custom entity. How can I achieve this?  I am new to dynamics and i am not aware much about power bi. 

Thank you.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini,

Have a look at the 2 articles below, this should help you add a Power BI dashboard into model driven app using Dataverse data such as your custom entity. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/create-edit-powerbi-embedded-page

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/data-platform-powerbi-connector

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @Amruthavarshini,

Have a look at the 2 articles below, this should help you add a Power BI dashboard into model driven app using Dataverse data such as your custom entity. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/create-edit-powerbi-embedded-page

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/data-platform/data-platform-powerbi-connector

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Amruthavarshini
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @ChrisPiasecki

Thanks for reply..

I followed the 1st link.. But i didnt get what i have to select in power bi workspaces while creating a dashboard. In power bi, I installed customer service analytics application and its the only option available while selecting workspace. If i select customer service analytics, the dashboard will contains details on Case entity but I am not  getting how to select the custom entity.

Thank you.. 

dpoggemann
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Amruthavarshini ,

Did you follow @ChrisPiasecki second link where you can download Power BI Desktop and connect to your environment to author the report?  You can connect to the Dataverse with the steps identified and once you do this you can select your tables and build the report.  After building the visuals desired for your report off the custom entities you can publish to the appropriate workspace (even your own for testing / verification).

Hopefully this helps.

Thanks,

Drew

Amruthavarshini
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you @ChrisPiasecki@dpoggemann.

I  created a dashboard using Power BI Desktop. 

Amruthavarshini
Helper III
Helper III

Hello,

I just wanted to know whether it is possible or not to create a dashboard for custom entity in powerbi online i.e. Using Power BI services without using power bi desktop?

Thank you... 

dpoggemann
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Amruthavarshini ,

You need to author new reports with the Power BI Desktop.

Thanks!

Drew

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,501)